Are Mandalay Bay, Live Nation, and MGM liable for the deadliest mass shooting in US history?
On October 1, 2017, Stephen Paddock carried out the deadliest mass shooting in modern American history. A few days after checking into his 32nd floor suite at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, owned by MGM, Paddock used his arsenal of deadly guns to shoot hundreds of rounds into the Route 91 Harvest Festival at the MGM-owned Las Vegas Village, leaving 58 dead and about 500 wounded.
Benedetto Law seeks to help victims and their loved ones of this senseless tragedy in pursuing justice, aiming to hold the concert promoter (Live Nation), Mandalay Bay, and others accountable for lack of security that allowed this mass slaying to happen.
Mandalay Bay Civil Liability Lawsuit
Security measures are in place for a reason, and while it’s easy to say this was a sudden, random act of terror, there were warning signs that could have detected Paddock’s motives. A civil lawsuit will allege various warning signs and security problems with Mandalay Bay and Live Nation including the following:
- Stephen Paddock was able to get 23 guns, including assault rifles and other equipment into his hotel room.
- Paddock’s “do not disturb” sign was on his door for 3 days, a warning signal hotel staff are trained to look for.
- Paddock installed an elaborate security system, including hallway cameras outside his room and in the peephole.
- Paddock shot through his suite window, which he broke with a hammer. The window was not sturdy enough to prevent this nor was it equipped with any alarm.
- There was no active shooter evacuation protocol put into place, including giving instructions over the loud speakers and/or video monitors.
- MGM Resorts and Live Nation should have taken better security precautions, especially in the light of an increase in mass shootings at public events, by securing surrounding high rise buildings and the concert venue itself.
If you were injured or have a loved one injured or killed in the Route 91 Harvest Festival, our caring team is standing by. As a result of injury, you can incur endless doctor and hospital bills, loss of wages, and therapy, so please contact us today to discuss your case. A civil lawsuit will seek to recover damages so you can focus on healing.
All Victims are urged to file for benefits with the Nevada Victims of Crime Office by visiting :